Please find some of the frequently asked questions (FAQs) in relation to Investing with us.
1. How do I open an account?
You simply need to complete an online application and supply some supporting documents.
2. What documents do I require to open an account?
Depending on the type of account you wish you open will depend on what documents you need to supply. These will be uploaded into your client portal.
- Individual Account – When you complete your application an Electronic Verification (EV) will be completed. If you fail this then you will be required to supply Photo ID (Drivers Licence or Passport) and Proof of Address (POA).
- Joint Account – Same As above for both applicants
- Individual Trustee – The identity of each Trustee will be verified in the same way as an individual account. For your trust you will be required to supply 3 pages of your Trust Deed.
- Cover Page
- Schedule Page
- Signature Page
- Corporate Trust (SMSF or Family Trust) – You will be required to supply the same documentation as the Individual Trustee account. Along with a recent copy of the ASIC Extract for the Corporate Trustee company.
3. Why do I need my details verified by Australian Managed Funds?
As is compulsory for any financial institution, Australian Managed Funds needs to satisfy its obligations under the Anti-Money Laundering Act (AML/CTF Act 2006). This requires Australian Managed Funds to verify specific information provided to us about a customer’s identity. This includes first and last names, home addresses, date of birth, country of birth and more.
4. How long does it take to open an account?
Once all documentation has been provided and uploaded into your portal then you can be approved within a couple of hours if submitted during business hours.
5. What documentation do I receive when I complete my application?
Once your application has been submitted, you will be emailed a copy of your application. After your account has been approved you will be emailed a copy of the funding instructions.
6. How old do I have to be to open an account?
You have to be 18 years or older to Open an account with Australian Managed Funds.
7. When do I deposit funds?
All funds need to be received by the 25th of each month for you to be allocated units on the 1st of the following month. Documentation will be sent to you within 10 Business days to your nominated email address.
8. How do I fund my account?
You will be emailed funding details once you application has been approved. There are 2 ways that you are able to transfer funds into your account
1) Electronic Transfer
Will all transfers we do request you upload or email through a copy of the transaction receipt to help us allocate your funds.
9. How long does it take to Transfer Funds into my Account?
It will generally take up to 3 business days for funds transferred via direct debit to reach your Australian Managed Funds account. These funds will appear as “pending” in your account until they arrive and cannot be dishonored or clawed back.
Funds transferred through BPAY can take between 1-3 business days.
10. Is my account secure with Australian Managed Funds?
Yes, we take safety seriously and, as AFSL (Australian Financial Services Licence) holders, we are required to adhere to the NIST cyber security framework. This is the global standard in cyber security to protect you from criminal activity. We regularly update ASIC with our compliance to this standard.
We have strict account protection policies, for example, ID verification, forced log-outs and multi-factor authentication to help ensure only you can access your account.
11. Why do you need my bank account details?
We need your BSB and Account number so that when you make a deposit and withdrawal request, we know where the funds are coming from and going to. They also are not able to be transferred anywhere else.
12. Is my privacy protected?
13. How do I Withdraw my funds?
To withdraw funds from your account you would need contact Share Prices via email or phone. You will need to complete a redemption request that the team will send you for either a partial or full redemption of your investment. This needs to be submitted by the 25th of the month in order for your payout to be completed the following month. All fees would need to be calculated and this would happen within 10 business days of the following month.
14. Do I receive any updates about my Investment?
Yes, you will receive monthly statements sent to the email address that you nominated when you originally opened your account.
15. What type of information will I get to assist me at Tax Time?
We will send you an annual tax statement each year. This statement will be able to assist you to complete your tax return. It will have all the information you need regarding your investment.
16. Who do I contact if I have any questions about my account?
Didn’t find what You were looking for?
Please contact our support centre for immediate assistance Ph: 1300 123 345
Before any investor decides that they want to invest in any of Managed Funds, it is recommended that you consider the following legal documents.
T & A
T & A
T & C
T & C
To talk to any of our Advisors, Fund Managers or the support center, please contact us via phone, email, or schedule an in-house appointment.
Request a 5-10 minute phone call with one of our friendly staff to discuss our products and services.